Monday, July 13, 2009

Ruby Tuesday...........July 14, 2009

One of the many miniature railroad cars from the Ringling, Barnum & Bailey Circus Museum in Sarasota, FL .. the people figures are maybe 1.5-2" tall. If you ever get a chance to visit this miniature circus museum please go because this exhibit is amazing!

It is the world's largest miniature circus created over a period of more than 50 years by Howard Tibbals, master model builder & philanthropist. They say it took over a year to set up the diplay!

9 comments:

Leora said...

It's delightful! Such dedication Howard Tibbals had.

EG CameraGirl said...

An exhibit that takes a year to set up MUST be amazing. ;-)

George said...

What a fascinating picture. I can only imagine how fascinating the museum must be.

Ebie said...

That is a great work of art. You got miniatures? We got the live one! Giggles! The Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey Circus ended their tour here in Los Angeles on July 12. I had wanted to see but just too tied up with other things. I hope your wearther has cooled off, cause we are heating up to the 90's.
This is my main web site

Ralph said...

Red is a perfect circus color! It is a color of anticipation and excitement. This layout of the circus looks to be a treat when I get to Gulf Coast Florida...someone worked hard on a display that brings us joy, like the real thing...

Jama said...

Wow! it's like a piece of art!

Martha said...

I love the miniature circus, it's my favorite part of going to Ringling. It's truly amazing!

srp said...

I have heart that this is a fabulous place and the miniatures. I have always loved them.. since I visited the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and that fairy castle they have... wonderful. My flying rubies are here.

Anonymous said...

Intriguing ... I've never heard of this place but would love to visit.
Hugs and blessings,